Everyone seems to be talking about their beauty/skin care routine. Now, I’m here to share you beauty tips that I know and read through blogs, magazines, and through word of mouth.
1. ALWAYS, I repeat, ALWAYS wash your make-up brushes after use. Bacteria grows in those tiny bristles so make sure you wash your brushes before using them again. I am, sometimes, guilty of this crime and I suffer the consequence — ACNE! So please, ladies, do yourselves a favor. Spot clean them using a brush cleanser, or use a baby shampoo to clean the hair.
2. Have a good and consistent skin care routine. Wash your face in the morning and at night. If you have sensitive skin, make sure you have a gentle cleanser. If you have dry skin, use a creamy face wash, and if you have oily skin, use foaming face washes. This is optional: follow with toner. Choose a good moisturizer. During the day, pick a moisturizer with an SPF of at least 15, and at night, choose a cold cream which will moisturize your skin overnight.
3. ALWAYS remove your make-up before going to sleep. I know, I know, life could be hectic sometimes, but that’s not an excuse to leave your make-up on your face while you’re sleeping. Make sure you have a good make-up remover or have a cleanser that removes your make up. However tired you are, you SHOULD remove your make-up before going to bed.
4. Get. Some. Sleep. I cannot emphasize this enough. Tired eyes are not attractive; they are easy to fake, but if your eyes are going to look droopy all day, you might as well stay home and get some sleep. Another thing you don’t want to have is dark circles. Eye creams are expensive, so save yourself some money and get some sleep.
5. Don’t forget your lips. You need a lip balm or a lip gloss with SPF; this will protect your lips from burning in the sun.
6. Use alcohol-free products especially on those products you put on your face. Alcohol can irritate your face. Check the ingredients on the back of the product and make sure there’s no alcohol in it.
7. Eat lots of fruits especially those are rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E like oranges, mangoes, and strawberries. These will not only keep your body healthy, but they will also help with your skin.
8. Drink plenty of water to hydrate your body and your skin. Make sure you drink 8-10 8-oz water everyday so it will flush out all your toxins which will help your body and skin.
There you have it. Although I wrote only a few out of the all beauty tips out there, I think those 8 are the most important. Make sure you follow them to achieve a healthy-looking skin.